Wednesday, June 22, 2011

iChoose

Choices.

How many do you make in a day? 10? 15? 100? or maybe, I don't know... THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS?!

We make so many and we don't even realize it.

We choose to Get out of bed. Then whether or not to make, said bed. What to have for breakfast and one of my favorite parts of the morning; Picking out my Coffee Cup!

[This may sound silly to you, however I take great care in choosing which cup I will sip my delicious, aromatic, caffeinated beverage, from. We've compiled quite the beautiful "Collection" of these cups, if I do say so myself!]

And the list continues onto things like, How to fix your hair for the day, What time to leave your house, what to have for lunch, or whether you should go grocery shopping now, or can stick it out for a few more days, come on now, we've all been there before. Needless to say we make A LOT of decisions that come second nature to us.

Have you ever been faced with a situation where the "Choice-Making" wasn't so second nature. Where maybe you could see two VERY distinct choice options that could be made at this moment, but weren't sure which was the better option? I think we've all been faced with moments/situations in life when we weren't quite sure what to do next.

Well, Praise the Lord we're not alone out here. I don't know about you, but I would be confronted with some pretty ugly outcomes everyday if I relied solely on myself to choose the right way to react to the situations I'm faced with, Lord have mercy, I would be in some deeeeeep stuff.

But, GOD! He is so faithful and wants ONLY the good things for us.

The Holy Spirit will guide and direct you like no man can!

Have you ever made a SNAP-DECISION that you later regretted. You look back and think: "Man, Why did I do that, say that, think that?" While we do not live in past regrets I believe it's good to remember those times, so that in the future we'll not only jump to the RIGHT decisions, but we'll make that right decision FIRST so we don't have to take 10 steps back and apologize for saying/doing/thinking something that wasn't right.

I want to encourage you all, including myself first and foremost, to continually rely on the Holy Spirit, ALWAYS. And he will always help us to make the right choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment