Friday, January 14, 2011

Bargain Lady

Hello Friends!
As many of you know I like Bargains!
Especially the 70-90% Off ones!
I can thank my parents for this!
They're both very talented in finding
a "Sweet Deal"
When going shopping I
RARELY
pay the original price.
It's my
"Inner-Bargainista"
So,
Yesterday I went to Michaels to purchase some recipe Cards
[F.Y.I. They sell a pack of 20 for just $1.00]
and while I was there, my sister and I stumbled up on this:


In case my picture isn't doing it justice
(Which it isn't)
It's a 3-tiered Velvet Jewelry Stand.
I've been on the hunt for one of these for almost a year now.
Low and behold.
There she was
Just Beckoning to me:
"Holly, Buy me!'
"Buy Me!"
"I'm only $10.00"
"And I used to be $25.00"
"Buy me!"
And that's exactly what I did.
I got her!
(Assuming my fabulous new Jewelry stand is a female)
for just
TEN WHOLE DOALLRS!
The cashier told me that they'd JUST recieved them in the store THAT day
&
I got the VERY LAST one!
Talk about some
FAVOR!
Here she is all dressed up:


Isn't she beautiful!
Now, as some of you may know
earlier this week I had a Job Interview
(Details to come later).
I don't know about you
But, I personally, just don't feel it's appropriate to wear
Open Toed Shoes to an interview.
I think I read that somewhere...
Anyway, So as I was choosing my outfit for the day,
I started looking at my shoes and discovered something VERY SAD!
I did not own a SINGLE pair
of
Black Close Toed Heels.
I know right!
OUTRAGEOUS!
So, I decided that, today was the day,
I would go on the quest for a nice pair of Black, Close Toed Heels
(Preferably Wedges; I like those better)
& so I set out on my adventure!
First stop
ROSS: Criteria Not Met.
Second Stop
TJ MAXX: Found, However not sure.

Side Note: As I was trying these shoes on, a woman, whom I have never seen or met before,
asked me what size shoe I wore.
So I told her.
Then she asked me if I would try a pair of boots on for her
so she could see if they would fit her daughter
who wears about the same shoe size as I do.
So, I did!
And they were so CUTE!
And thus, we determined if they would fit her daughter or not.
Glad I could lend my "Shoe Wearing Services"
Anyhow. Back to the Black heels!
They met the Criteria
To a "T"
BUT, the woman I tried the boots on for,
told us there was a 70% off sale on the shoes at Dillards.
So we, my friend Brittany and I , decided we'd check there before making the Final Purchase.
Third Stop:
Dillards: Criteria Not Met.
Fourth Stop:
JC Penny:Criteria Not Met.
Fifth Stop:
Kohl's: A Little "Sumthin' Sumthin"
I've been wanting a Pair of Oxfords for quite some time.
And while I was looking through the shoe selection at Kohl's
I came across these adorable
METALLIC OXFORDS!
Who's ever heard of such a thing!

Now, Originally they cost
$34.99
What did I pay for them you ask?
ONLY..
Drum Roll Please..
FOUR DOLLARS.
Yes, you heard me correctly
F-O-U-R DOLLARS!
Needless to say I was/am ecstatic!
Can't wait to bust them out!
And right next to them were these adorable sandals:


I'd seen them back in the summer but, they didn't have my size
Originally they Cost
$34.99 as well
and I only paid
$6.99!
I'm telling you
LOOK FOR BARGAINS PEOPLE!
You'll be surprised at what you can find!
However, I didn't find what I'd originally been searching for
So, the quest continued..
Sixth Stop:
Target: Criteria Not Met
And the Seventh Stop well there was NO Seventh Stop.
Because,
I went Back to TJ MAXX and got these Beauties:




I am so excited.
Not only because they met the Criteria
BUT
because, originally they cost
$85.00
and I only paid
$20.00
for them!
Quite the shopping extravaganza if I do say so myself!
Now, I'm off to watch The Princess and The Frog with my sister!
Do you have any Sweet Bargains
or
Recipe's you'd like to share?
Have a blessed Night!
-Holly


No comments:

Post a Comment